Why? You want the brightest possible headlamps. But H1’s are expensive. H4’s are less expensive but they are wrong for your SWB Porsche. They weren’t introduced until 1972, long after the SWB era had ended. No SWB Porsche was ever delivered with H4 headlights and they were not available as a period accessory. But if you want bright lights and period correctness, there’s a way to have both – restored original SWB Euro headlamps.
Headlights on cars delivered in Europe during the Porsche 911 SWB era had headlights that were far superior to their U.S. cohorts. DOT regulations in the U.S. mandated the use of sealed beam headlights while those delivered in Europe (and ROW) were able to use superior lights with bigger reflectors and better bulbs, the large round P45T’s.
- Reflectors – stripped, copper plated, nickel plated, polished, layer of vapor deposited aluminum, silica layer – Why aluminum?
- New correct Bosch asymmetric lenses
- New lens and fender gaskets
- New correct chrome plated brass trim rings, adjustment screws and mounting screws
- Housings are bead blasted and painted with VHT paint
- New P45T bulbs or H4 bulbs with P45T bases
Pricing: $345.00 per headlamp
Bright and Right!
© 2015 ~ Audette Collection ~ Bend, Oregon
Concours Restoration of SWB Headlights & Turn Signals and H1’s ~ Email